Tuesday, August 25, 2009

The next best thing to being there...

I just have to share these last pictures of China because they are so amazing and beautiful. As I must live vicariously, for now, through the photos and stories of husband and son, I am just thankful they had the opportunity to go.

They were able to visit and help out at a foster home which takes in special needs babies (49 currently.) You can help them too. Visit their website at thestarfishfosterhome.org.


The forbidden city (seen Mulan anyone?), ladder toting tricycle and hot baths (in Xi'an)

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

The Great Wall of China! (including a ride down on the Chinese version of an Alpine Slide.)

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
In the last picture the wall actually snakes up a ridge on the left and across the top of the mountain range. So incredible....

No comments: