Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Happy 40th to Bart!

FINALLY! Bart turns 40! (kidding...) But what is it about that milestone...he somehow looks older now, like he has just passed through some new portal of wisdom and experience?

We often celebrate birthdays for several days...so we started on Friday with an all day date which included: attending the temple, lunch at Happy Sumo, books and browsing at Borders, and shopping at some of his favorite places (Lowe's, Metal Mart and several other male-type stores.)

Saturday (Bart's birthday) he spent most of the day fixing an irrigation pipe I had accidentally broken that morning! Happy Birthday, honey!

We did have a birthday party in the evening with friends, lots of Asian food, a cake full of candles and party games.

The ultimate party game...blowing up hydrogen bubbles. Lucky our neighbors are so accomodating! Those little bubbles make a big BOOM!

On Sunday we celebrated again with Randy and Deanne's family since Caleb's birthday was on Monday. (And his departure for college, good luck Caleb!)


3 comments:

kimber said...

Happy Birthday Bart!!!

ME said...

I see you found a place for your bench treasure!

Crockett's Blue Pencil said...

Yes, I'm just getting started...!